Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Well whaddya know ....

I've been down and out for a bit. Internet speaking, that is. Apparently, unbeknownst to myself (or my husband), we did not have any antivirus protection on this computer and it caught up to us the other week.

We did the usual pointing of the fingers *it's your fault, not mine!* - back and forth, then ultimately blamed our ISP because it made us feel better - but really, it WAS our fault. We just assumed our ISP had installed some antivirus protection on this thing when we switched providers late last summer. It maybe should have clued into us that the thing never did updates .... ever. And it never, ever caught anything or asked us anything .... in my stupidity (and here's the part where you laugh and say "you're such a dolt!") I thought that maybe, in some way, the viruses and such were being intercepted at "headquarters" so-to-speak.

Yes, I'm that naive. What do I know about antivirus software?

More now, thank you very much.

I'm protected up the whazoo. And $140 later my computer is cleaned up too. The shakes were minimal as I was cut off from the world. I actually had to resort to phoning people and speaking to them vs emailing for once. *gasp*

Anyhow, we're back in cyberspace and all is right in the world now.

I'm off to the gala this coming weekend. All three of us have our gowns secured (there was a bit of a crisis with M this past weekend but it's being taken care of .... really, who has a dress that fits on Saturday, but will NOT fit on Sunday??? She had to scramble to find a seamstress to take care of THAT mess.) Shoes purchased, accessories purchased, even the little evening bag purchased - yeesh. Good thing I am only doing this once (well, may do it again in a few years, but not next year, that's for sure).

I'm a little nervous about the spray tan we're going for on Friday night though. You see where I'm going with that one, don't you? I don't want to be white as a ghost (which I am) but I don't want to be orange, either. So there may be a story for this blog after involving that stupid spray tan I agreed to.

Well, I suppose I should sign off here. My kid wants to do something "fun". I think we'll go investigate the toy box and see what lingers at the bottom. It's like Christmas, you know, when you dig to the bottom of that thing and reveal stuff they haven't seen in months *sigh*.

Till next time ....

No comments:

Post a Comment