Sunday, June 14, 2009

Up and Coming ...

Only two more weeks of school left.

Wow - this year went by fast. Then again, I think I say that every year.

We're just finalizing our summer plans and next month is a doozy for us. With summers being so short here, you try to pack a lot in, in a short period of time. Unfortunately for us though, V's work holidays are all in July - none in August - so we'll be running off our asses for the first month, and bored out of our gills the next.

Maybe next year we can be a better smarter about it and spread things out a bit better.

Anyway, we'll be heading up north to visit family and friends and this year, after purchasing the truck, we can finally take our trailer with us. So, lots of camping in our future. That's ok though - that's what we bought it for. I'm looking forward to seeing my family and friends - there are some new babies in the family I can't wait to get my hands on, and catching up with everyone. I miss being at the lake where I spent all my summers growing up - and that's where we'll be camping. So, I'm definitely looking forward to that. Then we're off to visit the IL's. We'll be camping a few days with my sister in law and her husband at another lake on our way down into SK - that should be decent - then we'll be off to spend time at the farm with V's family and friends for a few days.

I'm just hoping for some decent weather along the way, that would be a bonus.

Then we hope to camp on our way back home.

We'll be home for one week (or five days) which I think I'll have Brooke in a day camp of some sort (either at the art gallery, or violin camp ..... we're still debating this one). I think she'd prefer art camp, hands down ....

Then we'll be off to Calgary to visit my brother - hit the mountains and spend a few days in the city (take the kids to the zoo, Calaway Park and Ikea of course .... um, the last one is for ME).

Once we get back, V will be back to work, but I have to head into the city for a night with my folks at the end of the month for a specialists appointment. Fun stuff for me, and I'm really, really excited about this, I have to have a root canal done on one of my molars and have to see an endodontist for this pricey little procedure. We don't have an endodontist here - so lucky me - I have to drive to Wpg for this. I have had a root canal done in the past - NOT FUN - mind you that tooth was infected at the time so the freezing wouldn't take, at least this time that isn't the case - so that dood better pump me up with freezing - I don't care if my entire head is frozen - I do NOT want to feel that being done AT ALL.

So not really looking forward to that little trip. The parents will look after the kids at the hotel for me while this is being done *sigh*.

A nice way to end the month, dontcha say?

Oh well, August will be a downer - nothing really going on. Dani has her appt in Wpg to the diabetes clinic mid month, so we'll take a quick scoot in for that - but other than that, I guess we'll just try to camp on the weekends when we can in our neck of the woods (so to speak).

There's our summer in a nutshell.

Crazy, crazy ....

No comments:

Post a Comment