Oh man, oh man, oh man, oh MAN!
I'm so happy right now I could burst! First of all, all things crazy - ARE DONE! Yes, dance is done and that walk - that TELUS WALK TO CURE DIABETES .... IS DONE! The big thing that was taking up my time -my LIFE 24/7 for the past couple of months is finally done. And all I can say about that is *WHEW*!
All I'm going to say about it was that it was a very successful event this year - and for that, I am very grateful. And, despite the CRAP weather we had to deal with - people still came with their pledges and walked for that cure - that cure that we all so desire for our children and loved ones.
The walk went off without a hitch - which is surprising, considering we had a skeleton crew pulling this thing off, but everyone seemed to be happy with it. We have had a new person step forward and offer to chair it next year, so I'm VERY relieved about that. I didn't mind chairing it so much, it just went above and beyond that when you had limited volunteers. Hopefully some more volunteers are rounded up this next year for 2010's walk.
In total - I think in the end - we'll be up almost $10,000 more than last year. And that's a BIG WOW for this community. BIG WOW.
I'm also happy that the kids extra curricular activities are now done except for Brooke's violin lessons - which will be done in the next couple of weeks. But that is not very time consuming at all (once/week). Danielle will be graduating from nursery school NEXT WEEK - and this Mom is going to be a sobbing mess at that one.
Yes - I'll be one of "those parents". Moreso because both my children attended that nursery school so it's a bit of an "end of an era" for this family. The past five years have been spent shuttling at least one or both children back and forth to that place, so it'll be a sad day when we have to say good-bye. We've also grown quite attached to one of the teachers - who already will start to bawl when you even whisper the word "graduation" to her ...... she misses Dani already and she's not gone yet.
Which will bring us to new beginnings with the School Division. Yes - good ol' Kindergarten.
Danielle is blessed to be going to a terrific school in the fall and will be taught by a GRADE A teacher, but it will not be without it's bumps in the road. We're somewhat used to being coddled where the diabetes is concerned at the nursery school - so we'll see how they'll be dealing with this in a public school. I know the school she's going to be attending has been trying their hardest to secure an EA for the fall, but being realistic, I highly doubt they'll get the funding and poor Mrs. M will be left w/o that extra help in the classroom for Dani.
This leaves some shred of panic for this mom - while I do feel confident that Mrs. M can handle Danielle's diabetes, I do NOT have confidence in a substitute dealing with it on the days that there is one and I also need to feel confident that she is covered during gym/music and recess.
Grade 1 will be more challenging - at least with Kindergarten it's only 1/2 day every day, so it can "break us both in" for the full day thing that will start the following year. And, by that point, we hope to have her on an insulin pump ....
Well, it feels kinda good to blog again .... better go and do a bit more laundry. The chore that never ends.
Welcome back to my life
1 year ago
No comments:
Post a Comment